Head Of The Genesee (HOG)
Sunday, October 8th
Event Schedule (AKA Heat Sheet/Draw).
for drop off, pick up, weekend schedule, boundaries, and hospitality information.
Interactive Venue Map
Rower Drop Off & Pick Up:
- The loop in front of the Genesee Valley Sports Complex.
Do not drive down to the Genesee Waterways Center (GWC)
||De-rig and load trailers
||All Varsity Arrive (VB & VG)
||Lightweight weigh-ins start
||Hospitality - Light snacks & water available
||Novice coxswains arrive
||Coach & coxswain meeting
||Hospitality - Hot breakfast food ready
||Hospitality - Lunch
||All Novice rowers arrive
||Hospitality - Lunch ends - snacks available
||Medals handed out
||Pick up athletes
Athletes will be dismissed by their coaches after trailers are loaded
Do not need to return to boathouse
||Only Varsity rowers traveling to the Head of the Charles practice @ normal times
Everyone else - no practice
||Unload & rig boats
- Infield by the Genesee Valley Sports Complex to the far end of the pedestrian bridge. See the area marked in yellow in the image to the right.
- Athletes must...
- remain at the regatta throughout the entire day.
- remain within the venue boundaries.
*If an athlete must leave the race venue during the day, they must...
- discuss their situation with, and obtain permission from, their coach before the regatta.
- notify their coach just prior to leaving the venue.
- Consider bringing a tech shirt for the cooler morning
- Gray Pittsford Crew t-shirts + tighter fitting (spandex) bottoms
- Consider bringing a long-sleeve Under-Armour type shirt for the cooler morning
- Food is supplied for the rowers unless they have allergies. If your child requires a special diet, please bring a meal and snacks.